These vegan gingerbread cookies are a great recipe to make during the festive season!
They’re all raw, gluten free and are ideal for sharing with family or friends to relax, unwind and eat sweet treats.
Here’s a video recipe:
Traditional gingerbread cookie recipes usually require eggs, butter, wheat flour and refined sugar.
Well, you can make them without any of these and still end up with vegan gingerbread cookies! Plus, they are wildly delicious!
These vegan gingerbread cookies are chewy and have a yummy sweet and spicy flavour.
You can use gingerbread cookie cutters, and all manner of different shapes, or even roll then into balls.
If you have a dehydrator, you can dehydrate them overnight to make them taste crunchy and warm!
If you don’t – you can eat these raw vegan cookies as they are, or place them in the fridge for 4 hours to make them set more and have a firmer consistency.
Why not treat your family and friends to these tasty cookies? You can serve them with warm nut milk or a chocolate milk, where you mix nut milk with carob powder.
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies Recipe – Raw Food, Gluten Free
- 1 cup walnuts (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup dates, any variety. If they are too dry – soak them in warm water for 1-2 hours
- 1 cup dried figs (soaked)
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoon carob powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- Rinse walnuts, place them into the food processor and pulse
- Pit dates, add them into the food processor and pulse
- Rinse figs, add into the walnut-date dough and pulse
- Add cinnamon, ginger and vanilla into the dough and pulse until well combined
- Get the dough out of the food processor
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin
- Use cookie cutter to make cookies or roll into balls
- Mix the coconut flour and carob powder together
- Roll the cookies in the coconut-carob mix
- Sprinkle more coconut flour over the cookies
- Sprinkle with ginger powder, if desired
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours to set OR place in the dehydrator and dehydrate for 4 hours on each side
- Serve and enjoy!
Now, we would love to hear from you! Please post your thoughts in the comments below. Enjoy the cookies!
Looking to balance your hormones, reverse your health challenges and drop weight naturally? Join our free online masterclass and discover the 5 steps our clients use to create the health, body and life of their dreams ...