Did you know that your liver health plays a crucial role in your hormonal health and imbalances, such as thyroid issues, PCOS, painful menopause and estrogen dominance?
Yes, improving your liver health is crucial to the health of your hormones.
So what does your liver actually do? Well, your liver has literally hundreds of different functions, including:
- Aiding the digestion of the food you eat
- The conversion of vitamin D into its active form in the body
- The metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins
- Hormone regulation by breaking down and removing unwanted hormones from the body
- When it comes to the health of your thyroid, the liver is involved in the chemical conversion of the T4 hormone into the active T3 hormone, which is responsible for controlling the body’s metabolism
- Your liver also secretes IGF-1, which is a hormone that promotes cell growth in the body
So as you can see, liver health plays crucial role when it comes to your overall health and the health of your hormones.
Watch today’s video to discover more.
How Your Liver Health Affects Your Hormones
What happens if the liver health is poor from an overload of toxins?
Well your liver has two pathways for detoxification – known as phase 1 and phase 2.
In the first step (Phase 1) toxins are metabolized into other substances which then makes them easier to process.
Phase 2 is when your liver detoxifies the substances and makes them water-soluble so they can be excreted from your body. However, if your detox pathways become overwhelmed and so fail to function properly, you will end up with a toxic overload in your body.
Toxins can start building up in your body, including your fat cells and even bones instead of being excreted.
So when your liver health is poor, you can start experiencing hormonal imbalances – for example, estrogen dominance.
Basically, once estrogen has done its job in your body, it goes to the liver so it can be broken down and removed.
But if your liver’s function is impaired due to being too toxic because of an unhealthy diet and lifestyle, it will be unable to remove unwanted estrogen efficiently.
This can then result in estrogen dominance, due to excess estrogen circulating around the body.
Estrogen dominance has been linked to serious health issues, including heart attacks, strokes, thyroid diseases and both breast and ovarian cancers.
So what do you need to do for your liver health? Well, there are a few areas that you must get right:
- A high fiber, low fat diet that’s high in carbohydrates and is based on whole plant foods
- Sorting out your gut health, removing pathogens from the body
- Balancing any deficiencies
- Being consistent with a healthy lifestyle plan
Remember – the health of your liver has a big influence when it comes to your body’s hormonal balance.
So don’t turn away from your body when it’s asking for help – if your hormones and health are out of balance, take action today to address it.
Ready for your big health leap?
If you’re looking for solutions to help you overcome your hormonal, gut and other stubborn health issues you need a personalized plan … and that starts with a phone call.
If you’d like to create a custom hormone and gut balance solution, book your call with us now! Click the link now, fill in a very quick application form and let’s talk. Apply for your 15-minute call here.
Looking to balance your hormones, reverse your health challenges and drop weight naturally? Join our free online masterclass and discover the 5 steps our clients use to create the health, body and life of their dreams ...