Back in 2009, we switched to a high fruit vegan diet that’s based on fruits, veggies and nuts and seeds. We started eating 25 bananas a day in between us, and oftentimes even more!
Because we not only wanted to improve our health, but we also wanted to positively contribute to animal welfare and the environment.
In our video today we talk about how eating (about) 25 bananas a day has changed us.
25 Bananas A Day For 7 Years
Did you know that Yohan Blake – famous Jamaican sprinter — eats at least 15 bananas a day?
And here are just some of the reasons why we have lots of bananas in our diet:
- They are a healthy whole food simple carbohydrate and very easy to digest!
- Have lots of vitamins, minerals as well as fiber and antioxidants
- Relatively cheap to buy
- Taste great and they are very satiating
- Easily available to buy in most places
Here’re some more interesting facts about bananas:
- Banana plants are not trees; they are a type of herb.
- Most species of banana plant originated in Southeast Asia.
- A row of bananas is called a ‘hand’ and a single banana is called a ‘finger’.
- Bananas contain around 75% water.
- The most popular type of banana sold in stores is the Cavendish banana.
25 bananas a day for 7+ years!
Here are some interesting facts about our banana life …
25 bananas a day for 7 years equates to:
- 9,125 bananas a year
- About 64,000 bananas in 7 years
- About 6.7 million calories from bananas over 7 years!
- 7,552 kgs or 8.3 US tons or 16,649.31 pounds in weight!
So watch the video to learn what happened to us after eating all these bananas!
Now … have you gone bananas as well? How many do you eat a day? Post your comments below!
Remember to sign up to our FREE 5-day raw food menu plan to learn how to increase your consumption of raw foods! Sigh up here.
Looking to balance your hormones, reverse your health challenges and drop weight naturally? Join our free online masterclass and discover the 5 steps our clients use to create the health, body and life of their dreams ...