What do we eat in our vegan family meals as a family of three to stay healthy, fit, and active?
I (Paul) am 47 years old, Yulia is in her late 30’s and our daughter Elanie is now 6 years old. She has been a vegan kid from birth.
With the healthy high carb vegan family meals we make, we don’t have to worry about putting on excess weight, which many people do, especially as they reach middle age.
Weight gain after 40, along with hormonal imbalances and gut issues is a common challenge for the majority of our clients.
Vegan diet weight loss is something that naturally happens when you eat a high carb, low-fat whole foods vegan diet and this is something we help our clients achieve.
In this video, we show you our vegan family meals with recipes that we eat on a daily basis to keep our hormones healthy, our body in balance and help our vegan kid thrive.
With the coronavirus situation, it is even more important than ever to make sure that you eat a healthy, whole foods vegan diet that is full of great nutrition and supports your health.
Being overweight and having pre-existing medical conditions like asthma, diabetes and heart disease is known to heighten your risk of health complications from Covid – 19, and eating a healthy whole foods vegan diet plan has been shown to help improve, stop and even reverse some of these conditions. 1, 2
Vitamin C, which is abundant in a high carb fruit based vegan diet, has also been shown to be very beneficial in fighting inflammation in the body caused by viruses like Covid 19.
Discover more in our video today!
And here’s the sweet potato soup recipe …
- 3 cups sweet potatoes
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1 grated beetroot
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ½ chopped leek
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Freshly chopped corriander or dill (or both!)
- Place the sweet potatoes and beetroot in a large cooking pot
- Cover with 4-5 cups of clean water
- Bring to the boil and boil for 3-4 minutes
- Add the cabbage, peas and leek and boil (3-5 minutes, depending on how crunchy you like your veggies)
- Turn the stove off and add freshly chopped tomatoes to the soup
- Cover the pot and let it stand for a few minutes
- Add the fresh herbs
- Serve and enjoy!
Ready for your big health leap?
Then we would like to invite you to our FREE online training.
During this masterclass, I’ll walk you through the 5 steps our clients use to reverse gut health issues and balance their hormones … while never restricting themselves of carbohydrates and sugar.
- Alwarith J, Kahleova H, Crosby L, et al. The role of nutrition in asthma prevention and treatment. Nutr Clin Care. Published online March 13, 2020.
Looking to balance your hormones, reverse your health challenges and drop weight naturally? Join our free online masterclass and discover the 5 steps our clients use to create the health, body and life of their dreams ...