High estrogen and weight loss often go together and having high estrogen levels, or estrogen dominance as it is also known is a problem for many women. High estrogen is a common problem in the western world.
So how do you know if you are suffering from high estrogen?
Apart from a blood test, there are various symptoms that are associated with having high estrogen levels that include:
- swelling and tenderness in your breasts
- fibrocystic lumps in your breasts
- low libido
- irregular periods
- increased PMS symptoms like heavy bleeding
- mood swings
Experiencing excess weight gain is never a pleasant thing, but when the root cause is due to estrogen dominance then it is even more of a concern. This is because estrogen dominance can ultimately lead to a number of serious health problems that include:
- thyroid disease
- heart attacks
- breast cancer
- ovarian cancer
So having high estrogen levels is obviously something you want to deal with as quickly as you can.
You don’t want to have that excess weight making you feel sluggish and dragging you down on top of all the major health risks associated with it.
See the video to discover more.
High Estrogen And Weight Loss
So knowing how serious it is to have high estrogen levels, why does estrogen dominance happen in the first place? What exactly can cause them?
Just of the factors include:
- Taking the pill. So instead look for alternatives to this method as taking the pill is unhealthy for your body.
- A slow transit time, where food takes too long to move through your digestive system and so then allows unwanted estrogen to be re-absorbed back into your body.
- Personal care products that contain unhealthy chemicals in them, so look for natural alternatives.
- Foods contaminated with chemicals/hormones, especially animal products like meat and dairy. A very good reason to go vegan!
- Poor liver function. The liver is responsible for eliminating excess estrogen. So eating a bad diet full of processed sugars and fat.
- Toxins, including heavy metals that affect the natural hormonal balance of your body. This can come from contaminated food or your environment.
- Also being overweight by itself can cause higher levels of estrogen and here is a link to an estrogen weight loss study. (1)
In addition to all these it is known that a high-fat, low-fiber diet can cause a rise in estrogen levels.
Women on higher-fat diets have been found to have measurably higher estrogen levels than women on low-fat diets, so in western countries with a higher fat intake this is a significant problem and this is exactly what we see in America and other western countries as estrogen dominance.
The way forward?
A low-fat, clean plant foods diet that is rich in raw foods and healthy carbohydrates.
Ready for your big health leap? We’re excited to invite you to our FREE online training.
During this masterclass, we’ll walk you through the 5 steps our clients use to overcome hormonal and other health imbalances and release 10-50 lbs of excess weight … whilst never restricting themselves from carbohydrates and sugar.
Looking to balance your hormones, reverse your health challenges and drop weight naturally? Join our free online masterclass and discover the 5 steps our clients use to create the health, body and life of their dreams ...