Here’s a scenario that I see happen all to often: you have hormone imbalances, like PCOS, irregular periods and fertility issues. You’re told to start taking birth control pills to regulate your hormones.
You take them and feel worse. Or, you take them and you still have your hormonal imbalances. Or, the moment you stop taking them, your body goes out of balance and you feel worse than when you first started taking them.
The birth control pill has now been around for nearly 60 years. Today, it is taken by around 100 million women worldwide.
How exactly do contraceptive pills work? Well the pill interferes with your body’s normal hormone production with the use of synthetic hormones estrogen and progestin.
Watch my latest video to find out the truth about birth control pills, and an alternative way that you can use to balance your hormones instead that’s both natural and safe.
What you must know about birth control pills
This is what contraceptive pills do when you take them:
- They stops your pituitary gland from making FSH and luteinizing hormone so ovulation cannot take place.
- They cause the lining of the uterus to thicken and so makes it more difficult for conception to take place.
Birth control pills risks
Like many drugs that are used in modern medicine, birth control pills come with health risks. These include:
- An increased risk of suffering from a stroke (1)
- An increased risk of suffering from a heart attack (1)
- Developing blood clots (1)
- Developing liver tumors (1)
- And, in very rare cases, even dying. (1)
A recent study from Denmark has also found that women who use hormone releasing birth control methods that include the pill have an increased risk of developing breast cancer. (2)
In addition to this, taking the pill has also been linked to:
- Increased inflammation and insulin levels (3)
- Estrogen dominance
- Fertility challenges through a reduction in available eggs in the ovarian reserve (4)
- Shrinkage in specific areas of the brain that can then cause anxiety (5)
- A higher risk of suffering from depression (6)
- A deficiency in a number of nutrients, such as the B vitamins (riboflavin, B6, B12, and folic acid), vitamin C, magnesium, and zinc (7)
- And even an increased risk of gum disease has been linked with being on the pill. (8)
The good news about all this? You can actually restore your hormonal balance naturally and avoid going on the birth control pill. You can also put into practice a diet and lifestyle that can help you reverse the damage that’s been done to your body due to taking the pill.
Discover more in my video and leave your comments below!
Ready for your big health leap?
We’re excited to invite you to our FREE online training.
During this masterclass, we’ll walk you through the 5 steps our clients use to overcome hormonal and health imbalances and release 10-50 lbs of excess weight … whilst never restricting themselves of carbohydrates and sugar.
P.S. If you’d like to talk to us personally about getting your health back, click here to apply for your health discovery call.
Looking to balance your hormones, reverse your health challenges and drop weight naturally? Claim your FREE Hormone Reset Plan and get started today!