This vegan cherry cake has a very sweet, chocolate base and a creamy, sweet topping. Cherries can be used fresh or frozen, so you can make it at any time of the year.
You can also use other berries instead of cherries, for example, strawberries or raspberries.
This raw vegan cherry cake is actually really simple to make — you can make it with a blender alone, although we used both a blender and a food processor to make this cake.
We used a regular cake tin to make ours, however you can use a diversity of sizes to make this recipe, including cup cakes.
And of course, this is a raw vegan cherry cake, which means that it’s also gluten free and is made with 100% whole ingredients (inspired by Fully Raw).
As well as this cherry cake, Paul also made me my favourite lasagne (I know, I have the best man in the world!). If you want to make it as well, you can find the recipe here.
Raw Vegan Cherry Cake Recipe
- 1 cup dates
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup dried figs
- 7 frozen bananas (medium size)
- ½ cup cashew nuts (pre-soaked in clean water for 3-4 hours)
- ½ cup water or coconut water
- 6 cups of cherries (pitted)
- 1 tablespoon carob powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod (cut into small pieces)
- Place the dates, raising and figs in a food processor.
- Add carob powder, cinnamon and vanilla and process together into a dough.
- Line the cake tin with the dough and set aside.
- Cut each frozen banana into 4 smaller chunks.
- Place the water or coconut water into a blender, add cashew nuts and bananas. Blend together until smooth.
- Place the banana blend into a bowl.
- Blend 5 cups of cherries and swirl the cherry mix to the banana mix to create streaks of cherries in the banana mix.
- Pour the cherry-banana mix onto the chocolate base you set aside earlier.
- Cut the remaining cherries into halves and decorate your vegan cherry cake with them.
- Place in the freezer and leave for 4-6 hours.
- Cut into pieces and serve!
Looking to balance your hormones, reverse your health challenges and drop weight naturally? Join our free online masterclass and discover the 5 steps our clients use to create the health, body and life of their dreams ...