Can a leaky gut damage your health? How do you diagnose it and can you overcome a leaky gut naturally?
A leaky gut, or what is also known as increased intestinal permeability, is when the lining of your gut starts allowing partially digested food, bacteria and toxins into your bloodstream.
The problem with this is that once this happens it can then cause your body to attack these unwanted intruders and lead to inflammation and potentially a whole host of health problems, some of them can also be very serious.
Leaky Gut: Symptoms
What are some of the symptoms that you can experience if you are suffering with a leaky gut?
- Gut problems such as abdominal discomfort, bloating, pain, gas, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea.
- Hormonal imbalances such as PCOS or PMS
- An autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, psoriasis, lupus, or celiac disease.
- Chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia.
- Mood and mind problems such as anxiety, depression, ADHD or ADD.
- Skin problems including acne, eczema, rosacea
- A candida overgrowth.
- Food sensitivities, food intolerances or food allergies,.
- Poorly functioning immune system
- Seasonal allergies or asthma.
Leaky Gut Can Lead To Serious Health Issues
Just some of the health issues associated with this condition can include:
- Headaches and migraines,
- Chronic fatigue
- Food allergies (1)
- Lowered immunity
- Irritable bowel syndrome and Inflammatory bowel disease (2)
- Auto immune conditions, which is when your body attacks itself and these include one such as Psoriasis (3), rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, and many more. (4, 5)
In fact, leaky gut has actually been called a “danger signal for autoimmune disease“. (6)
I am sure you are wondering now what exactly causes a leaky gut to happen in the first place?
Leaky Gut: Causes
Some of the causes of a leaky gut include:
- Various gut infections,
- Nutrient deficiencies,
- Taking antibiotics or other medications
- Too much stress
- High fat diet (7)
- A toxic overload in your body,
- Eating an unhealthy diet,
- And consuming alcohol.
Leaky Gut: How To Treat It Naturally
Now that we’ve talked about the symptoms, causes and issues with a leaky gut, how can you overcome it?
What’s the best diet and approach to help you re-establish your gut health?
This is exactly what I’m talking about in my video today! Check it out here:
Ready for your big health leap?
I’m excited to invite you to our FREE online training.
During this masterclass, I’ll walk you through the 5 steps our clients use to reverse gut health issues and balance their hormones … while never restricting themselves of carbohydrates and sugar.
Don’t miss out, claim your spot here!
High Fat Diet-Induced Gut Dysbiosis
Impact of vegan diets on gut microbiota: An update on the clinical implications
Looking to balance your hormones, reverse your health challenges and drop weight naturally? Join our free online masterclass and discover the 5 steps our clients use to create the health, body and life of their dreams ...
4 thoughts on “Leaky Gut: Causes, Symptoms And How To Overcome It”
An easy cure is don’t eat any GMOs. That is what is hurting us. We can’t digest that posion.
We recommend as much organic as you can in your diet.
Can u make a video on how to heal it because i already know i have it but i cant seem to fix it
We have made a video on this as well: https://www.rawsomehealthy.com/leaky-gut-candida-treatment/