Today is my mum’s birthday and I am so grateful that we are celebrating it together. I wanted to treat her with all kinds of surprises for everything she’s done for me and is doing for us, helping us with our daughter Elanie. One of the treats was this raw food dessert that I made – raw chocolate truffles.
My mum loved them and she shared them with some friends who came to congratulate her on her birthday. They were all amazed by these delicious tasting raw truffles and were asking for the recipe! You’ve got to try them, they are fantastic and are so quick to make. Great for parties and birthdays, and nut/seed free.
Raw Food Desserts: Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Makes about 16 small truffles.
• ½ cup pitted dates (any variety), soaked in water for 8 hours, or overnight
• ½ cup dried cranberries, soaked in water for 4 hours
• 1 medium apple
• ¾ cup desiccated coconut flesh
• 2 tablespoons carob powder
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• Drain the water from the dates and cranberries
• Peel the apple, de-seed it and grate it
• Place the dates, cranberries, grated apple, cinnamon, ½ cup of coconut flesh and 1 tablespoon of carob powder in a blender or a food processor
• Blend or food process together into a dough-like mixture
• Place the “dough” on a plate
• Using your hands, form small balls until you’ve run out of “dough”
• Place the remaining ¼ cup of coconut flesh and 1 tablespoon of carob powder on a separate plate and mix together
• Roll each ball in the coconut-carob mixture to cover it
• Arrange the raw truffles on a plate
• Serve and enjoy!
Loved this recipe? What are your thoughts? Please post them in the comments section below!
Want to get more raw food dessert recipes? Smoothies? Soups? Snacks, salad dressings and main courses? We’ve got them for you! Check out our book, Thrive On Raw Recipes. Check it out now by clicking here.
Looking to balance your hormones, reverse your health challenges and drop weight naturally? Join our free online masterclass and discover the 5 steps our clients use to create the health, body and life of their dreams ...