Baba ghanoush, also known as baba ganoush is a delicious middle eastern dish prepared with aubergines and various seasonings.
When I made this recipe for Paul, he went nutsssssssssss! He asked me to make it again and here I am – making it and sharing it with you.
Some people say that raw aubergine/edd plant does not digest well. However, when you freeze it, it becomes more palatable and we didn’t have any issues digesting it at all.
Raw Food Baba Ghanoush & Cucumber Chips Recipe (Oil Free)
1 large aubergine
1 medium celery stalk
1 medium tomato (optional)
1 tablespoon tahini paste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 small stalk of green onion
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 medium cucumber
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill for decoration
- Wash, peel and slice the aubergine into chunks
- Place it in the freezer for 4-6 hours
- Thaw it until it has defrosted
- Chop the celery stalk into 1-2 inch pieces
- Chop the tomato into quarters
- Place the aubergine, tomato, celery, tahini, lemon juice, green onion and parsley into a food processor or a blender
- Process or blend together until smooth
- Place into a bowl
- Decorate with chopped dill
- Peel the cucumber and chop it into chip-like pieces
- Serve the baba ghanoush and cucumber chips together
- Eat and enjoy!
For more simple and delicious raw food recipes, check out our book, Thrive On Raw Recipes here.
Looking to balance your hormones, reverse your health challenges and drop weight naturally? Join our free online masterclass and discover the 5 steps our clients use to create the health, body and life of their dreams ...