When we were speaking at the Fresh Food Festival, we were super excited about all the new and tasty low-fat raw food recipes and dishes we were going to try there. Raw vegan mac and cheese recipe was one of them!
We filmed Chris Kendall – one of the top raw food chefs – demonstrating how you can make it.
This recipe was created by Ashley Clark and you can check out this recipe and Ashley’s blog by clicking here.
Low-Fat Raw Vegan Mac And Cheese Recipe (gluten, oil and salt free)
2 medium zucchini (for the noodles)
2 cups of fresh organic corn (you can also use frozen)
½ of a fresh red pepper
½ cup sun dried tomatoes (soaked for 1/2 hour)
3 green onion stems
½ lemon juiced
1-2 sticks of celery
2 tablespoon raw hemp seeds
Other optional ingredients: 1 teaspoon chilli powder, ¼ – ½ jalapeno pepper, 1 garlic clove, ½ cup broccoli florets.
Step 1: Make the noodles
- Peel the zucchinis and spirilize them.
- Using a knife, cut them into smaller pieces so they look like macaroni noodles
- Place in a bowl and set aside
Step 2: Make the “cheese” sauce
- Place the sweetcorn, red pepper, dried tomatoes, onion stems, lemon juice, celery sticks and hemp seeds in the blender. If you are using the optional ingredients, place them in the blender as well, apart from broccoli florets.
- Blend together until smooth.
Step 3: Serve
- Pour the sauce over the zucchinis and mix together well.
- Add the optional broccoli florets.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
Looking to balance your hormones, reverse your health challenges and drop weight naturally? Join our free online masterclass and discover the 5 steps our clients use to create the health, body and life of their dreams ...