This raw vegan pumpkin burger recipe with savoury mushroom sauce makes a delicious dinner!
You can make it with pumpkin or a butternut squash and either version will taste delicious!
The great thing about this raw vegan burger is that you don’t have to fry it in oil (which creates toxins and can throw your Omegas out of balance), grill it, or even bake it.
Instead, you’ll enjoy all the nutrients and convenience of not worrying about cooking.
I used a dehydrator for this pumpkin burger recipe, but if you don’t have one, there’s also an option without it.
Raw Vegan Pumpkin Burger Recipe
- 1 medium head of lettuce
- 2 cups chopped pumpkin or butternut squash
- 2 cups fresh shitake mushrooms
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup coconut water (fresh or bottled)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of both thyme and sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- Grate pumpkin or butternut squash finely. Place in a bowl.
- Place 1 cup of shitake mushrooms, walnuts, flax seeds, ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, cumin and green onions inside the food processor and mix together in a sauce.
- Mix the pumpkin or butternut squash and mix from the mushroom sauce together.
- Using your hands, form into burgers.
- Option 1: serve as they are
- Option 2: place on the dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 104F for 4 hours. Turn over and dehydrate for another 4 hours.
- To make the sauce: blend or food process together the coconut water, ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, 1 cup shitake mushrooms, thyme and sage.
- Chop the lettuce and place onto a plate.
- Place the burgers on top on the chopped lettuce.
- Pour the sauce over the burgers and serve!
Remember to rate this pumpkin burger recipe below and post your comments!
Looking to balance your hormones, reverse your health challenges and drop weight naturally? Join our free online masterclass and discover the 5 steps our clients use to create the health, body and life of their dreams ...